Thursday, April 30, 2015

Hammock



Suspended between
two trees. Alone.


Dappled shade
makes shifting shapes.


Long and lazy afternoons
speant watching clouds.


Will anybody ever
look for me?


Have I been left
here on my own?


Are you being
kept away from me?


Each day longingly
staring out your window.


Real life keeps
you locked inside.

I wish I had gotten a picture of the hammock that was hung up outside my window when I wrote this poem. As it is, it was gone the next day, before I could do so. This photo was the closest I could find to what the one hung up in my back yard looked like, isolated and alone, surrounded by trees.

Inspirational Works:

David Bowie, Space Oddity

  • Weirdly enough, this song goes best with this poem, rather than in the WATER ON MARS? exhibit. The reason being that I think the song is all about isolation and helplessness. In a very small way, I think that this poem captures some of that, feeling trapped unable to be where you want to be.
We were all there as kids. I just didn't realize that we were still going to be here as adults.


No comments:

Post a Comment